Enterprise Architecture (EA) has been in the peripheral vision of IT professionals for many years. The technological and information support capabilities of EA would make available countless potentialities for value creation, competitive advantage, efficiency, and effectiveness, as well as organizational and individual accomplishments. Nevertheless, after more than 30 years of striving to achieve “alignment of IT with the business”, with apparently limited success, one is inclined to wonder what changes are first needed in the thinking and capabilities of IT professionals so that they can bring the promises of EA into their enterprises. Moreover, what corresponding changes will be necessary in the capabilities of others in the enterprise so that they can leverage EA knowledge to communicate, decide, and act? In this webinar, Dr. Leon Kappelman will introduce you to the basics of Enterprise Architecture. This webinar is part 1 in a 2 part series.
The Learning Objectives:
The Intended Audience
- What is Enterprise Architecture?
- Why EA matters to your success?
- When should you get started with EA?
- Who should be involved in EA activities?
- Where should EA be in the organization’s hierarchy?
- How do you do EA and what kinds of skills are needed?
- IT Leadership, including: CIOs, CTOs, senior managers and directors
- Other IT Professionals including: Analysts, designers, knowledge engineers, and architects of all kinds (enterprise, data, information, network, infrastructure, systems, application, software, and business)
- Enterprise leadership with IT responsibilities, dependencies, or interests
- Business professionals involved in transformation, change, process improvement, BPR, IT audit or oversight
Please note that all webinar times are displayed in US Eastern Time.
This webinar is produced by CAI's IT Metrics and Productivity Institute. All Institute webinars are free of charge and are accredited with PDU codes by the PMI. For the Institute's full webinar schedule for 2009, please visit http://www.itmpi.org/webinars. For Institute events, please visit http://www.itmpi.org/events.
Email policy: Registrants will receive email updates from the IT Metrics and Productivity Institute containing information about future educational opportunities. Email addresses may also be shared with the webinar presenter.
* Field is required.